For the Mobile Application “Vital Life”
Last updated: 06.04.2023
Article 1 – DEFINITIONS:
- c) DATA CONTROLLER: Data Controller is the publisher, owner, and operator of the Mobile App and is the Party responsible for the collection of information described herein. Data Controller shall be referred to either by Data Controller’s name or “Data Controller,” as listed above. If Data Controller or Data Controller’s property shall be referred to through first-person pronouns, it shall be through the use of the following: us, we, our, ours, etc.
- e) PERSONAL DATA: “Personal DATA” means personal data and information that we obtain from you in connection with your use of the Mobile App which is capable of identifying you in any manner.
Article 2 – GENERAL INFORMATION:
We are committed to the protection of your privacy while you use our Mobile App.
Article 3 – CONTACT:
The Party responsible for the processing of your personal data is as follows: Vital Life d.o.o., Spodnje Pirniče 50a, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia. The Data Controller may be contacted as follows:
The Data Controller and operator of the Mobile App are one and the same.
Article 4 – LOCATION:
The location where the data processing activities take place is as follows:
Google Cloud storage data center, hosted in Frankfurt, Germany, EU
Article 5 – MODIFICATIONS AND REVISIONS:
Article 6 – THE PERSONAL DATA WE RECEIVE FROM YOU:
Depending on how you use our Mobile App, you will be subject to different types of Personal Data collected and different manners of collection:
- a) Analytics data: If you don’t provide any personal data, you may still be subject to certain passive data collection (“Passive Data Collection”). Such Passive Data Collection may include through cookies, as described below, IP address information, location information, and certain browser data, such as history and/or session information.
- c) Other Information: For a better experience, while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to:
Article 7 – THE PERSONAL DATA WE RECEIVE AUTOMATICALLY:
Cookies: Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the websites that you visit and are stored on your device’s internal memory.
This Service does not use these “cookies” explicitly. However, the app may use third party code and libraries that use “cookies” to collect information and improve their services. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this Service.
Log Data: Like all websites and mobile applications, this Mobile App also makes use of log files which store automatic information collected during user visits. The different types of log data could be as follows:
– internet protocol (IP) address;
– type of browser and device parameters used to connect to the Mobile App;
– the name of the Internet Service Provider (ISP);
– date and time of the visit;
– web page of the origin of the user (referral) and exit;
– possibly the number of clicks.
The aforementioned information is processed in an automated form and collected in an exclusively aggregated manner in order to verify the correct functioning of the site, and for security reasons. This information will be processed according to the legitimate interests of the Data Controller.
For security purposes (spam filters, firewalls, virus detection), the automatically recorded data may also possibly include Personal Data such as IP address, which could be used, in accordance with applicable laws, in order to block attempts at damage to the Mobile App or damage to other users, or in the case of harmful activities or crime. Such data are never used for the identification or profiling of the user, but only for the protection of the Mobile App and our users. Such information will be treated according to the legitimate interests of the Data Controller.
Article 8 – THIRD PARTIES:
We may utilize third party service providers (“Third Party Service Providers”), from time to time or all the time, to help us with our Mobile App, and to help serve you.
We use Third Party Service Providers (Google Firebase) to assist with information storage (cloud storage).
We may provide some of your Personal Data to Third Party Service Providers in order to help us track usage data, such as referral websites, dates and times of page requests, etc. We use this information to understand patterns of usage of, and to improve, the Mobile App.
We may use Third Party Service Providers to host the Mobile App. In this instance, the Third-Party Service Provider will have access to your Personal Data.
Your Personal Data will not be sold or otherwise transferred to other third parties without your approval.
Article 9 – HOW PERSONAL DATA IS STORED:
We use secure physical and digital systems to store your Personal Data when appropriate. We ensure that your Personal Data is protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, or destruction.
Please note, however, that no system involving the transmission of information via the internet, or the electronic storage of data, is completely secure. However, we take the protection and storage of your Personal Data very seriously. We take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data.
Personal Data is stored throughout your relationship with us. We delete your Personal Data upon request for cancelation of your account or other general request for the deletion of data.
In the event of a breach of your Personal Data, you will be notified in a reasonable time frame, but in no event later than two weeks, and we will follow all applicable laws regarding such breach.
Article 10 – PURPOSES OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA:
We primarily use your Personal Data to help us provide a better experience for you on our Mobile App and to provide you the services and/or information you may have requested, such as use of our Mobile App.
Personal Data that may be considering identifying may be used for the following:
- a) Improving your personal user experience
Article 11 – DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA:
Although our policy is to maintain the privacy of your Personal Data as described herein, we may disclose your Personal Data if we believe that it is reasonable to do so in certain cases, in our sole and exclusive discretion. Such cases may include, but are not limited to:
- a) To satisfy any local, state, or federal laws or regulations
- b) To respond to requests, such discovery, criminal, civil, or administrative process, subpoenas, court orders, or writs from law enforcement or other governmental or legal bodies
- d) As may be necessary for the operation of our Mobile App
- e) To generally cooperate with any lawful investigation about our users
- f) If we suspect any fraudulent activity on our Mobile App or if we have noticed any activity which may violate our terms or other applicable rules
Article 12 – MODIFYING, DELETING, AND ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION:
In the Vital Life app you can always edit your profile information such as email address, name, year of birth, gender etc. You can also delete specific recorded activities.
If you wish to modify or delete any information we may have about you, or you wish to simply access any information we have about you, you may reach out to us at the following email address: email@example.com.
You may request to delete your account. Once deleted, your data, including account and activities cannot be reinstated.
We keep information as long as it is necessary to operate The Vital Life app. We keep all of your information until you either request deletion of your account or if your account has been inactive for a certain amount of time, whichever happens first. Following the deletion of your account, it may take up to 60 days to fully delete your personal information from our systems.
Information about you that is no longer necessary and relevant to provide our services may be de-identified and aggregated with other non-personal data to provide insights which are commercially valuable to Vital Life d.o.o., such as statistics of the use of the app.
Article 13 – ACCEPTANCE OF RISK:
Article 14 – YOUR RIGHTS:
You have many rights in relation to your Personal Data. Specifically, your rights are as follows:
– the right to be informed about the processing of your Personal Data
– the right to have access to your Personal Data
– the right to update and/or correct your Personal Data
– the right to the portability of your Personal Data
– the right to oppose or limit the processing of your Personal Data
– the right to request that we stop processing and delete your Personal Data
– the right to block any Personal Data processing in violation of any applicable law
– the right to launch a complaint with the applicable data protection authority
Article 15 – CONTACT INFORMATION: